Monday, July 6, 2009

Partners in Crime

I know that many of you have been wondering... Cosborne is a professional and knows that it is crucial to have witnesses to corroborated a classic story. And you are right. So, I thought there is no better time than the present to share with you a little bit of the background:

In all honesty, I have to admit that I am hooked on a performance enhancer - his name is Neil Diamond. Not the greatest singer/songwriter of this or any other age, but my ride, sidekick, and maybe my best friend and Jeep. This piece of all-American machinery may have a straight six under the hood but has the heart of a roaring lion. He is the only car I know of in which the driver has to wear sunglasses so as to not be blinded by the brilliance of his own car. I once drove for three hours without my headlights on - I didn't notice. The car is so bright it illuminated the country side... And that is just the start of it.

But what you need to know is the others who tag along.

First, we have Brad. My first and only Canadian friend, Brad is always up for an adventure. While he comes from North of the border, he shares my affinity for finely tuned chilling. He has also convinced me to say the word "house" as "hoose" That has to mean something.

Second, we have Amanda. Amanda is my only fellow Southerner here at PF. Quiet and unassuming, she has a passion for Chacos and Union University. I have forgiven her for being from the state where they sing Rocky Top. We became friends when I found out she wanted to visit Mount Vernon first.

Third, Katie. She is the only person I know of who has a working knowledge of the Montana featured in A River Runs Through It. Hailing from Montana by way of the Twin Cities, she uses her extensive knowledge of Native American culture to help us navigate the Middle Colonies.

Fourth, Sarah our resident adventurer. Hailing from Philly by way of Northern Ireland, she is the first person I have ever met who told a story about meeting Gerry Adams. She was disappointed. She and Brad enjoy my affinity for Wes Anderson cinema. Plus she is going to play Juliana Marguiles' character in our intern remake of ER.

Fifth, Bekah. Bekah is the hometown girl who opened her home to us early in our adventure for ribs that her mom made. Yes, I repeat...ribs that her mom made. She instantly became a critical part of the team. I like her because of her journalism background. I like the way journalists think - scrappy.

Six, Kevin. We are looking forward to a strong second half from Kevin now that the majority of his work with the web team is coming to an end. His dry sense of humor has some serious potential. He is seriously a prospect.

Seventh, Rebecca. She is our HR representative and resident Toby Flenderson fan. Not sure if that is really true, but if it is, that is awesome. She is cool and gets major points for posting up on the first floor with ease.

Eighth, Michele. Last but not least, Michele is the newlywed of the group - as in took a week off work to get married. That is clutch. Michele is the glue that holds the group together. Crucial for team chemistry, her presence was sorely missed.

Supposedly, there is a new intern named Julia. That is TBA.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment