Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Trials of Neil Diamond

As I have mentioned before, my Jeep is named Neil Diamond. For those of you who don't have time to read his history, suffice it to say it is the only name that is suitable for four wheels and a testosterone-fueled straight-6 that is just as sexy as it is macho.

Also, there is a cassette tape of Neil in the tape deck.

Anyway, as you can imagine life as the only yellow Jeep in the area is a good one. Well, until today...

See, today at a stoplight I looked to my right for the daily intimidation of anyone who dared gaze at the brilliance of my rig and what did I see... Neil's twin. For the sake of this exercise we will call it Harry Chapin. Whats worse? Harry was driven by a lady...

I love ladies, but it upsets me that there are people out there who think I drive a chick car. I mean what if Neil is really like Janis Joplin... It was tough, but I think it will be ok.

Well, as I was sorting through this and other significant issues in my day, something happened... Something bad. Here is a reenactment for you...

As you can see, a bird recklessly flew into my car. I am not sure what kind of bird is man enough to do that. But I assume it was an eagle or some kind of hawk.

Fortunately, everything is fine. Neil can heal himself - a handy little trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment