Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Neil Diamond

It never fails.

Every time someone sees me drive up for the first time, it is bound to happen.

"You drive THAT?"

Yes, yes, I do.

My name is Caleb, and I drive a surface-of-the-sun yellow Jeep Cherokee. So far, I have seen five other yellow Jeeps. Four were driven by 20-something girls. The fifth was driven by an old man. So, yah, you could say I'm a trailblazer.

It is an age old story, of a boy and his car. And Neil and I have been a long way.

You know, with a yellow car that is four-wheels of robust masculinity, it deserves a name. I guess it is something about men that they need to name it and claim it.

So, my compatriot Crapforth and I starting calling my Jeep Neil after purchasing a cassette tape of Neil Diamond from a thrift store. I should probably say that the name chose us. Think of it this way: how many cars made in 2001 have a tape player? How often do you find a sweet Neil Diamond tape at a thrift store for $1 and not buy it? That day, listening to Neil, he chose me.

He embodied the raw masculinity that women want and men strive to achieve. Singer/songwriter meets the Fast and the Furious.

Neil and I have been through alot together. There was the 720 on the interstate, countless fishtales, thousands of miles, and great great memories.

So here's to you Neil!

Keep on Trucking

No comments:

Post a Comment