Monday, June 21, 2010

Where I'm Going

There have been alot of questions lately about what the next step is for me and Stephanie. Since I have not written a blog in something like 4 weeks, I guess I have not exactly kept up my end of the deal.

So, I will do my best to cover all of my bases as quickly as possible.

Well, since we got married in January Stephanie has been working the front desk at the Courtyard Marriott here in College Station. It has not been the most glamorous job, but she has done a great job of putting up with alot - everything from enraged guests to lazy workers even illegal, impromptu games of Scattegories in the lobby. I'm really proud of her, and I know she is ready for a change.

Me, well I have been busy wrapping up the school year. I finished up at the Bush School mid-May. This last semester was surprisingly hard considering all of the projects and papers that I had to do at the same time I was trying to figure out how to be a good husband and all. For starters, I had to rework my schedule so that I wasn't at school every night until 1 AM.

Now for the big news...

The first week of August, Stephanie and I are moving to Arlington, Virginia to our new apartment in the Pentagon City area of town. We will both be attending school at George Washington University. Stephanie is going to be going to the Elliot School of International Affairs where she will be working on a Masters in... wait for it... International Affairs concentrating in Security studies.

I, on the other hand, am apparently a glutton for punishment who on the heels of completing his MPA will be attending law school. Some of you might remember that I was all set up to go to George Mason University's law school. Well, after getting admitted off of the waitlist in the first round, I called an audible.

We are both very fortunate to have been admitted to such great programs. I am excited about the chance to go to one of the top law schools in the nation. It has been a crazy journey in the last three years since I finished up at Fayetteville - from seminary to grad school and now to law school. We can't wait to see what God has next because there is not telling.

Most importantly, we expect everyone to make the trip up to DC at some point to visit us. We are going to have a room with a spare bed for anyone who is interested. So, don't forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment